I have a relaxing and calming therapy room in Orpington, Kent, but why should you try reflexology and how can it benefit you?
- It can boost your circulation - do you have poor circulation, are your feet often cold? Reflexology focuses on applying pressure and gentle massage techniques to the foot and lower calf, it can improve circulation to this area even just in one session but with regular treatments you would see a big improvement.
- It can help restore calm - our lifestyles can be so stressful, whether you are working full time or juggling a family or just finding things a bit too much! Any therapy that involves massage will help with relaxation, it can lower blood pressure and reduce the levels of stress hormone within the body. With the release of tension and stresses within the body and mind it can also promote better sleeping patterns too.
- It could help with fertility issues - although reflexology does not claim to ‘cure’ infertility or guarantee results it is thought that it helps couples due to its balancing and calming effects at a time which can be particularly stressful. It can also be hugely beneficial for pregnant clients at a time when their bodies are changing and they are going through such physical and emotional changes.
- It can help with mobility - reflexology involves a variety of warm up techniques which help mobilise the feet and muscles and aid relaxation. If your job involves being on your feet a lot or if you have poor mobility in your feet and ankles reflexology could be particularly useful.
- It leaves you feeling like you’re walking on air and leaves you feeling energised yet calm.
Why not give it a go at home?
- Head/Brain reflex - the top of each toe
- Pituitary gland - the centre of your big toe, great for hormone imbalances
- Pineal gland - outer side of your big toe. Can help with the secretion of melatonin which in turn can aid sleep.
- Neck - base of big toe
- Chest/Lungs - the pad of your foot, helps to calm breathing and help with anxiety.
- Solar Plexus - underneath the pad of your foot in the centre. Encourages the release of tension and deep relaxation.
If you would like to know more about how reflexology can help you then please give me a call. I practice reflexology at my treatment room in Orpington and can offer mobile reflexology in the surrounding areas, Petts Wood , Bexley.